The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trojan w32

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hunter86, Jan 26, 2010.

1. hunter86

hunter86 Registered

Hi,
    i have just got a new dedicated server and uploaded my website created email accounts etc,

When i try to download a backup of the home directory my eset smart security stops the download and says
    2010.tar.gz Win32/TrojanDownloader.Bredolab.BE trojan connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe.

I scan my local copy of the site no trojan? This is all relatively new to me, can any one help or give any advice.

thanks
    dan

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you have email on the server it might be in there. You could try and disable your A/V just long enough to get the file downloaded and then scan it to find out for sure where exactly it's located in the backup. It's in a compressed backup and can do you no harm downloading to your desktop.

I'd start by looking in all mail folders for old mail on server that I could kill.