SOLVED Trouble replying to cPanel support ticket

PatrickVeenstra

Feb 12, 2012
Barcelona
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When responding a support ticket I got this message:

Software error:
Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at msg.cgi line 168.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (removed), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

So I sent an email to that address and got this:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[removed]

Maybe the ticket system doesn't like the letter ñ
I didn't write that in my email, because I thought about that later. Anyway, it happened an hour ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
2) The error I got when clicking the id was not identical. That is, it was identical but the email (dal-2 instead of dal-1)
I've not seen additional reports of this issue, and it doesn't seem to be easily reproducible. Can you open a separate support ticket regarding the issue with the ticket system itself (the one you noted here was related to a cPanel & WHM issue). Ensure to include the specific error messages you encounter and the step-by-step instructions of what you are doing. We can direct the ticket over to our ticket system development team to take a closer look.

1) There's an error in the notification email. The button "View this thread" links to the domain forums.cpanelnet (there's no dot before net)
This is a separate issue so I've moved it into it's own thread at:

New Thread - Problem with forums URL in email notification

Thank you.

PatrickVeenstra

Feb 12, 2012
Barcelona
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've just replicated the issue. Ticket 10389243

Software error:
Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at msg.cgi line 168.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (dal-2.[removed]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

It happened when sending a message with al diacritics.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatrickVeenstra

Feb 12, 2012
Barcelona
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
To not open a new ticket / thread, the notification email doesn't handle those characters either:

Before we can file a case we will need to be able to reproduce the issue. I Can see you mentioned the ticket system might not be interpreting the letter "ñ" correctly, but we do have Spanish support, and this has not been an issue.

In this case it's obvious the issue is that it's sending UTF-8 as ANSI (ñ = ñ)

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello,

To update, an internal case was opened with our ticket system development team to report the issue you've noted. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.