The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble setting up Django 1.4 Stable on cPanel Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bestrafung, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Bestrafung

Bestrafung Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have been following the "Knowledge Base Article" posted by shacker23 in another thread. It has been a very long time since that was active so I hope there's still a chance of getting some help with this. Everything goes good until it comes time to create the foobar project. Even though Python 2.7 is installed and aliased in both the root and user .bash_profile files, and launching python does in fact use 2.7, when trying to use the administrative tools such as creating/starting the project it uses the default 2.4 and crashes. The only way I have made it work is to change the line as such:
    from
    Code:
    /home/[username]/sites/domain.com/django/bin/django-admin.py startproject foobar
    to
    Code:
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]python[/COLOR] /home/[username]/sites/domain.com/django/bin/django-admin.py startproject foobar
    am I missing something, or is this how it's supposed to be done?

This is a re-attempt as every time I try this I run into errors, this one is common with every attempt so far. I will inevitably run into the same permissions/mod_wsgi issues later and will post again on that.

2. Bestrafung

Bestrafung Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, I misunderstood the nature of the error and attributed it to python. The issue is really a mod_wsgi/Apache setup issue. I was going to mark this as resolved or closed but don't see the option. Please feel free to do so.