The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble uploading archives. Virus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by illeot, Jun 2, 2011.

1. illeot

illeot Registered

Hi.
    Since yesterday I've had trouble when trying to upload any kind of file for my website. Whatever file I try to upload, an error message shows up saying it has a virus. Like this:

C:\fakepath\wpzzp.u.cs.png: unknown Bytes complete FAILED! :Upload canceled: VIRUS DETECTED! (Access denied. ERROR)

I've tried it with different types of files and even using different computers yet the problem remains the same
    Is it some general problem somehow? Is there a way I can solve it? Thank you so much, looking forward to your reply.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Is this the only account affected, or is File Manager not allowing uploads to any account? Generally speaking, this is often the result of ClamAV being installed via another method besides through "WHM>> cPanel >> Manage Plugins". You are welcome to open a ticket with our support staff so we may check further for you:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.

3. Deker

Deker Well-Known Member

I'm facing the same issue.
    today one of my customers sent me a ticket and said he can not upload files on the server.
    I chekhed the issue, and I faced the same error.

I recently installed maldet (LMD) on my server. May it causes the issue?