The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble using Secure Copy (SCP) destination when generating a Full Backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sneader, Feb 18, 2015.

1. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On just one of our cPanel servers, I seem to be having this odd problem. When a customer logs into their cPanel, then chooses Backup Wizard > Full Backup, and selects the "Secure Copy (SCP)" as the destination... the backup looks like it's working, but then the customer will get an email that ends with:

In looking in /home/username, there is no .libnet-openssh-perl directory, but then none of our other servers have this directory in the user's directories either, so I don't think that's the problem.

I have found a few discussions online regarding the "unable to create ctl_dir /home/username/.libnet-openssh-perl" error, but short of manually creating that directory, I don't see the real longterm fix to this.

As a data point, we can do full backups via scp from our other cPanel ervers to this same backup destination. Only this one cPanel server is giving this error.

A push in the right direction would be appreciated!

- Scott

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

First, check the quota of the account to make sure it's not reaching the quota limit during the backup process. Also, if you are using CSF/LFD, try temporarily disabling LFD during the backup process, as I've seen it prevent the SCP transfer in another reported case of this issue.

Thank you.