The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with "Allow other applications to run the cPanel and admin binaries" in tweak settings

Discussion in 'Security' started by Karl_Otto, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Karl_Otto

Karl_Otto Registered

Sep 3, 2004
    I have searched without answer for my problem, so I hope someone can help me here.

From over a year I have always the same trouble: every day I have to mark as "off" the item "Allow other applications to run the cPanel and admin binaries" option in the Tweak Settings section.

In this past thread I have read about a flag file, but I have noted that every day something ri-creates the file /var/cpanel/skipparentcheck and every day I have to select "off" again for this item in the Tweak Settings section.

Can I ignore it? Can I fix it?

Is there anyone who have the same trouble and have resolved this problem or have a trick to leave "off" the item?

My configuration:
    CENTOS 6.5 x86_64 - WHM 11.44.0 (build 30)
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please feel free to submit a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.