The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with transfers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by curriertech, May 7, 2010.

1. curriertech

curriertech Active Member

Hi,
    I've always used the account transfer function with success but I'm having trouble with a new server. When I do it I get this error:

Code:
    Testing IPADDRESS for xfer streaming support....Not Supported!
    Packaging the account: (/scripts/pkgacct username "" --split compressed --mysql 5.0)... 
    Can't locate Cpanel/CPAN/I18N/LangTags.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at Cpanel/CPAN/Locale/Maketext.pm line 6.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Cpanel/CPAN/Locale/Maketext.pm line 6.
    Compilation failed in require at Cpanel/CPAN/Locale/Maketext/Utils.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Cpanel/CPAN/Locale/Maketext/Utils.pm line 8.
    Compilation failed in require at Cpanel/Locale.pm line 21.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Cpanel/Locale.pm line 21.
    Compilation failed in require at ./pkgacct line 41.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./pkgacct line 41.

Done
    128.93 GB free, need 0 Bytes
    Warning: file location not sent.. guessing.. this may not work ....
    Using the single archive method (/home/cpmove-username.tar.gz)!
    Copy Destination: /home
    Transfer Error 
    The remote server didn't report a correct md5sum of the archive. Please ensure you selected the correct type of remote server.

I've searched quite a bit on here and other forums but I'm not finding anything that helps. Anyone have any ideas? The server I'm trying to transfer to is a fresh install of cPanel/WHM and I've gone through all of my usual steps to align the base config with my other servers.

2. curriertech

I just did a test transferring from the new server to an existing server and the transfer worked fine. I think based on the errors, there is a perl issue but I can't figure it out. Both servers have 5.8.8 installed.

3. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Looking at the error message it is clear that the perl module I18N::LangTags is missing. SSH to your server and execute

Also execute checkperlmodules to check which modules are missing

4. curriertech

Thanks! I'd tried to install that module through WHM and it seemed to complete without errors but the transfer error peristed. After doing it from the command line it's working. :D

5. DWHS.net

DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have been dealing with this error for about 8 years now, it's almost always fixed by re-installing perl.

"shoot just tried this and still no go, any other ideas'

#5 DWHS.net, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  6. nicklas

nicklas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have same error, but running both commands shows everything is ok, any other suggestion to get this fixed?

Code:
    Can't locate Cpanel/CPAN/I18N/LangTags.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at Cpanel/CPAN/Locale/Maketext.pm line 6.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Cpanel/CPAN/Locale/Maketext/Utils.pm line 8.

/scripts/perlinstaller I18N::LangTags
    /scripts/checkperlmodules 

Going to write /home/.cpan/Metadata
    cPCPAN: Core module "I18N::LangTags" detected. Skipped.
    perlmod--Install done

Using fast module check.....checked 121 modules in 2 second(s)
    Tested 122, 122 ok, 0 failed.
    Cpanel::FastMath: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=0.3]
    Crypt::PasswdMD5::XS: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=0.3]
    Cpanel::POSIX::Tiny: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=1.1]
    Cpanel::Cleanup: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=0.4]
    Cpanel::Class: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=1.0.5]
    Cpanel::TaskQueue: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=0.3]

7. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Make sure only one version of Perl is installed

First, make sure that /usr/bin/perl and /usr/local/bin/perl are not both binary files:

Code:
    # ls -alh /usr/bin/perl
    # ls -alh /usr/local/bin/perl
    One (it does not matter which) should be a binary file, and the other should be a symlink to the one that is a binary file. If not, move one to root (I generally move the one with the oldest timestamp), and create a symlink in its place to the one that is left that is a binary file.

Next, try reinstalling CPAN:

Code:
    # perl -MCPAN -e shell
    cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
    cpan> reload index
    cpan> reload cpan
    cpan> exit
    # /scripts/checkperlmodules --full
    If /scripts/checkperlmodules still reports any errors, it would be best to submit a ticket so that we may investigate directly.

8. nicklas

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I did all, but no result still same error when I try to transfer an account.
    It looks like it is trying to use a 32bits version whilst I run with a 64bits os??

Code:
    Testing x.x.x.x for xfer streaming support....Not Supported!
    Packaging the account: (/scripts/pkgacct cvcvcv "" --split compressed --mysql 5.0)...

9. cPanelJared

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please submit a ticket

There are several things that can go wrong in regard to account transfers, and we will need to be able to log in and investigate directly in order to diagnose the problem. Please submit a ticket, and we will be happy to log in and diagnose and correct the problem for you.

10. nicklas

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Jared,

I have submitted a ticket, many thanks.

Thanks, all sorted.

#10 nicklas, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  11. tata13

tata13 Active Member

Hi

I have same problem, any update how to fix this problem thanks

12. cPanelJared

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please submit a ticket

Problems with transfers can be caused by any of several different problems, and they can be difficult to diagnose without direct root access to the server. While I realize this is an inconvenience, we do ask you to submit a ticket so that we can investigate the problem directly.

If you submit a ticket, we will be happy to log into the servers that are presenting the problem and explain in detail what we do to correct the problem.

13. Silver_2000

Silver_2000 Well-Known Member

Im having same issues

Tried the solutions here and no luck

I dont have a direct access to Cpanel support and would rather NOT let my host know that Im transferring accounts till Im ready - What are my options ?

14. mitgib

mitgib Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I know this is an older thread, but I too ran into this problem, but it is clear what the solution is based on the error message and what is installed. I found all the missing perl modules in /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CPAN which is not in perl's path, so I created /usr/lib/perl/5.8.8/Cpanel and copied the needed modules over and all works great.