The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles directing from a .org

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex Gill, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Alex Gill

Alex Gill Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey Everyone,

I am trying to redirect a certain page within a domain. I have been trying to use the redirect tool, when choosing the domain to redirect I have two options. One being the All Public Domains and the other being the domain.com. I have done redirects for both and then using / box to enter the specific section of the page I wish to direct.

When I Google search to ensure it correctly redirects, the Google search shows the page does not redirect. However, when going through the hosting webpage and click on the link, it will redirect to the site in which I need it to.

The best I can figure is that on the redirect it shows the redirect as domain.com or **All Public Domains**. The Google search shows the URL that is not redirecting as domain.org.

So what I am really looking to do is to make sure my domain.org/example.htm redirects to my new page.

Thanks for everything.

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    So basically you're saying it's working fine, but Google is not showing that it's a redirect. You would need to address this with Google, and can probably do so by re-indexing your site via your webmaster tools account.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, this seems more like an issue associated with Google's search results rather than the redirect itself. You may want to investigate and see if any particular redirect methods are required for Google to index your page the way that you prefer.

Thank you.