Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Troubleshooting SpamAssassin?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by millermulti, Jul 21, 2014.

1. millermulti

millermulti Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, I am running a VPS with cPanel/WHM 11.44.0. In the last three weeks I have had issues with SpamAssassin. It has started failing. Restarting Exim resolves the issue although anywhere from 2-5 days later it fails again. I am trying to troubleshoot the issue and am not getting far. I have checked the exam_mainlog and can see exactly when SpamAssassin stops working and there are a few spamd error messages:

2014-07-21 14:39:48 1X9KNA-0004ey-5H spam acl condition: warning - spamd connection to 127.0.0.1, port 783 failed: Connection refused
    2014-07-21 14:39:48 1X9KNA-0004ey-5H spam acl condition: all spamd servers failed
    2014-07-21 14:39:48 1X9KNA-0004ey-5H H=(00a3caa4.33url.eu) [XX.XXX.XX.XXX]:38010 Warning: "SpamAssassin as accountname detected message as NOT spam ()"

I am wondering if there was a buggy version of SpamAssassin released recently or something similar? My system has run very well for over a year. I am looking for guidance on what to look at next.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

You can browse to:

"WHM Home » Email » Spamd Startup Configuration"

Try increasing the following values and let us know if it helps:

Maximum Connections per Child
    Maximum Children

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. millermulti

millermulti Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for the suggestion. The change has been made. I will see how things go and report back in a week or two with the results (sooner if SpamAssassin still fails).