The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trust between to servers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by techark, Sep 26, 2002.

1. techark

techark Well-Known Member

Ok if I understand this correct by doing this they share DNS info so I can move an accounts files and domain from one server to another and it will still resolve with out having to chage name servers at the register. Is this correct?

If so how do I do this with an exsting server and a new one. Also can a 3rd server 2 exsting and a new one be setup with out mucking anything up. If so anyone want to explain it to me like I am a two year old;-)

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:080a5971b4][i:080a5971b4]Originally posted by techark[/i:080a5971b4]

Ok if I understand this correct by doing this they share DNS info so I can move an accounts files and domain from one server to another and it will still resolve with out having to chage name servers at the register. Is this correct?

If so how do I do this with an exsting server and a new one. Also can a 3rd server 2 exsting and a new one be setup with out mucking anything up. If so anyone want to explain it to me like I am a two year old;-)

[/quote:080a5971b4]
    DNS Trust relationship is for activating secondary (ns2), tertiary (ns3).... DNS
    Creating trust relationship between Name servers
    Any maintenance to primary will affect on secondary and … nameservers automatically using AXFR and IXFR protocols

You can find out more details in this thread (click on bellow link, I discussed there)

http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=2886