The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trustix Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kris1351, Jul 15, 2005.

1. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

We are getting ready to load up several new colo servers and are debating the setup we are going to go with OS wise. The Trustix pricing and model looks really nice, but I was wanting to see if anyone here was using it and what they thought of it. Looks to be more Unix based instead of Linux on some parts which I like. Just looking for +s and -s to what actual users have found before I purchase.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Personally, for a cPanel license, it's cheap. That's the only thing I like about it ;) Admitedly, I'm from an RH background, and Trustix really grates with me. I'd also be concerned about the level of cPanel support compared to an RH-based OS such as CentOS considering the (relatively) small market for Trustix.

3. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Support couldn't be much worse than being a TP customer and trying to get Cpanel support. :) I come from a Sun background so the real unix actually is something I like.