The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TrustWave CERT CA bundle not installed by WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by infield, May 21, 2008.

1. infield

infield Member

Just a heads up. I had to manually install the Trustwave intermediate cert for otherwise it caused an error Firefox and Safari.

2. njak

njak Member

I just purchased a Trustwave SSL and I can't get the intermediate CA Bundle to install either through the control panel or manually. Neither can my tech support. I've had my cert reissued and that still didn't help. I get this error:

Attempting to verify your certificate..... Certificate verification passed!
    Verification Result [/C=US/O=SecureTrust Corporation/CN=SecureTrust CA error 2 at 1 depth lookup:unable to get issuer certificate]

My first answer back from Trustwave's tech support was quite rude and unhelpful:

Having worked through their basic instructions and a manual install by tech support, I was a bit peeved. So I did another certificate and private key issue and almost immediately received a fresh cert. Still got the same error.

I switched to Trustwave from Comodo as Comodo's prices have gotten outrageous. Trustwave's price for a 3 year cert now is what Comodo's was 3 year's ago. I think Comodo's price has tripled.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate anything that would buy me a clue!! :confused:

Thanks, Julie

3. infield

infield Member

I didn't have much trouble with them. Try calling. The guy I talked to was cool.

The problem is really with Cpanel promoting a cert provider without installing their CA.

To install the CA I had to:
    - upload the the CA cert
    - add a line to my apache httpd.conf

The trustwave site has instructions and some test tools. But if you don't have root access to your server you are at the mercy of your admin and cpanel.

good luck.

4. velda

velda Well-Known Member

Hey there, I'm getting this error with a few providers. Users install their individual CA's, and after the install things work fine, but this error stays. Do you happen to still have instructions for the line to add and what not?