The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try to edit a reseller, all the options are gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by myusername, Sep 2, 2003.

1. myusername

myusername Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Trying to edit a resellers priviledges in WHM 7.4.2 cPanel 7.4.2-R158 and perhaps earlier build/releases if the reseller for example was not allowed addon domains, or shell account creation, that checkbox has vanished from the WHM edit reseller option.

Meaning if you want to add addon domain creation to the reseller at a later date, you cannot.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. myusername

myusername Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I have found a fix for this, i am not sure that WHM has been recoded in this fashion, but here is how to overcome this.

This reseller was created by a master reseller, i.e. a reseller that has the "all features" box checked in their reseller account. I use a reseller account to make accounts so I am not logging in as root everytime.

The reseller with "all features" then makes the real resellers with the features that they are allowed to have. Logging into WHM as the master reseller (the guy with "all features") he cannot edit the reseller that he created's reseller priviledges.

The only fix is to login to the root WHM and add the new features to the actual reseller.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: