The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure out hot to use SuPHP and eaccelerator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spearhead, Sep 14, 2007.

1. spearhead

spearhead Member

Hi,

I'm looking at my shiny new Apache 2 and SuPHP. Yes, it all works, but I was under the impression that SuPHP was a module and that I would be able to use a php caching system (eaccelerator in my case). What I see is binary execution of php for all users. WOW. Load went from avg 1.5 to avg 3.5. This is a bummer.

Does anyone have any idea how I can lower this and keep the SuPHP implementation?

Note- I have the following:

Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.5.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
    with Suhosin v0.9.20, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by Hardened-PHP Project
    with Zend Optimizer v3.2.2, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1

#1 spearhead, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  2. wigeboy

wigeboy Registered

Oh~

As i know eaccelerator seems can not use in cgi , so now i go with suphp with fastcgi

Before Fasrcgi my server load around 0.5-1

now it always under 0.3

#2 wigeboy, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  3. johnchan

johnchan Active Member

If it is just suPHP, from my knowledge NONE of the accelerators work at all, including memcache, APC, Eaccelerator, etc.

I can imagine that one of them might work if they started a daemon, so that the various suPHP PHP processes can share the cached data from the accelerator daemon... but I dont think any of the PHP accelerators do this?

Anyone know? Anyone actually tried suPHP with... APC, EAccelerator, FastCGI (but I dont see how this accelerates PHP at all!)...?

4. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How do you use fastcgi with suphp and eaccelerator? That kind of seems not possible? :confused:

I need a php accelerator but with suphp nothing works, not memcache not eaccelerator... any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure, but I don't think you can use fastcgi and suphp at the same time therefore not allowing the use of eaccelerator or memcache :rolleyes:

5. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC