The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying To Get Support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sash, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Sash

Sash Well-Known Member

We submitted two support tickets today and got this response to the second one:

"Your license entitles you to one ticket per week directly with us. Your NOC/distributor is your primary support contact."

With all the issues we've had upgrading lately that statement seems ridiculous.

Mike

2. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

Thats not ridiculous, its "Proposterous". I'v never heard such a thing. If it wasnt for us reporting these bugs how would they even know about it. It sure hasnt been tested very well so im not sure what they are saying. Hard to believe they had enough time to look up the fact that you were only allowed 1 ticket submission yet so many other things need attention.

#2 sexy_guy, Apr 10, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2003
  3. Sash

Sash Well-Known Member

You make it sound like there are two kinds of licenses...........is that what you are trying to say?

Mike

4. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Yes, that's correct. If you buy your license from a reseller, then you contact that reseller for support. The price they charge you includes the fee they see applicable to offer you support on the product. Cpanel licenses bought direct include whatever costs they see fit to include to cover support.

Contact your partner NOC in the first instance.

5. Faldran

Faldran Well-Known Member

So you are saying the cheaper Cpanel licenses, do not come with much support.. and the more expensive ones do?

hmm....

6. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I'm with 2 different NOCs and I must say, their support is not very good in relation to Cpanel. I find that I am often more knowledgeable than the support tech I talk to. I find DarkOrb to be much better at supporting their own product than the NOCs.

I know they must be busy at DarkOrb. I develop software and I am always programming and I must also support customers and sometimes, I get so busy I want to pull my hair out. But, Cpanel is very complicated and with any complicated program (or suite), there are bound to be many issues.

My wish is for DarkOrb to realize that they are the primary (and best) source to answer our questions/problems and to not have us depend on the NOCs as my experience has taught me that I cannot depend on the NOCs. From what I read in some of these threads, my experience with the NOCs is not unique.

7. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: The answer to your statements is;

1) Test your software
    2) Get more staff
    3) They cut a huge deal with Rackshack they can afford to get more technical support staff for the prices we are paying on external licenses.
    4) Get more technical staff who actually answer tickets and know what they are talking about.
    5) I to am a programmer so whats your point?

Im with the original poster!

8. rweiss

rweiss Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC