Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to migrate from Directadmin to cPanel

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by shojib, Apr 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. shojib

shojib Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I have access to both server's root and trying to use the whm's built in transfer tool to migrate the users.
    While I was able to migrate most of the users, some are returning error.
    After some googling I found the pkgacct script in my DA server and tried to run this command:
    /scripts/pkgacct.server.hostname.com user --nosplit --skipbackups
    and it returned this:
    Code:
    da DNS is domain.com
    da Copying home directory...Done
    da Copying main public_html directory...da Copying web content for domain userdomain...Done
    da Copying web content for domain domain.com ...Done
    da Writing subdomains...Done
    da Writing parked domains...Done
    da Copying mail aliases...Done
    da Copying mail...
       Copying mail for domain domain.com...Done
    da Copying Squirrelmail files...Done
    da Copying awstats statistics...Done
    da Writing ProFTPd password file...Done
    da Writing cpuser file...Done
    da Copying quota info...Done
    da Saving shadow password...Done
    da Dumping MySQL database user_db...Done

da Saving MySQL grants...Done
    da Copying SSL certificate file...Unable to alias SSL certificate /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user/domains/domain.com.cert to cpmove-user/sslcerts/domain.com.crt: No such file or directory at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Filesys/POSIX/Error.pm line 48
            Filesys::POSIX::Error::throw(2) called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Filesys/POSIX.pm line 187
            Filesys::POSIX::_find_inode('Cpanel::Pkgacct::Archive=HASH(0x31c2e78)', '/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user/domains/domain.com.cert') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Filesys/POSIX.pm line 228
            Filesys::POSIX::lstat('Cpanel::Pkgacct::Archive=HASH(0x31c2e78)', '/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user/domains/domain.com.cert') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Filesys/POSIX/Extensions.pm line 151
            Filesys::POSIX::Extensions::alias('Cpanel::Pkgacct::Archive=HASH(0x31c2e78)', '/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user/domains/domain.com.cert', 'cpmove-user/sslcerts/domain.com.crt') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Cpanel/Pkgacct/Archive/SSL.pm line 36
            Cpanel::Pkgacct::Archive::__ANON__() called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 81
            eval {...} called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 72
            Try::Tiny::try('CODE(0x2f79250)', 'Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x32196a0)') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/lib/Cpanel/Pkgacct/Archive/SSL.pm line 40
            Cpanel::Pkgacct::Archive::copy_ssl_certificate_file('Cpanel::Pkgacct::Archive=HASH(0x31c2e78)', 'domain.com', '/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user/domains/domain.com.cert') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/scripts/main.pl line 846
            Script::Pkgacct::da::copy_ssl_files('Script::Pkgacct::da=HASH(0x2e16bf8)') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/scripts/main.pl line 326
            Script::Pkgacct::da::script('Script::Pkgacct::da=HASH(0x2e16bf8)') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/scripts/main.pl line 41
            Script::Pkgacct::da::run('user', '--nosplit', '--skipbackups') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-T5FrdG/scripts/main.pl line 37

I verified that /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user/domains/domain.com.cert this file exists and tried to change perms to 755 and owner to its user but had no luck.

Please let me know what I can do in order to migrate these users.
    Thanks,
    Shahriar

#1 shojib, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  2. shojib

shojib Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    At this point, I just want to skip the ssl certs if possible but it seems that the pkgacct script does have the --skipssl option in my DA server.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This is a known issue with migrations from DA (internal case CPANEL-12658) that occurs when a domain name uses a dedicated IP address, and also uses an SSL certificate (not a shared SSL). I'll update this thread with more information on the status of this case as it becomes available.

As a temporary workaround, you can move the certificate (.cert) and key (.key) files from the /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/$username/domains directory and then try transferring the account again. Once the transfer suceeds, you can move the .cert and .key files back into place.

Thank you.

shojib likes this.
  4. shojib

shojib Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you so much for the quick response, Michael.
    The Workaround is working like a charm for me.
    Cheers

cPanelMichael likes this.
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm glad to see the workaround helped. Thank you for updating this thread with the outcome.