trying to modify cpanel 11 theme

Funkadelic

Feb 10, 2006
I created a new theme and I also installed 6 new plugins. However, it won't allow me to uncheck these plugins for some feature lists. As in these plugins display in every account. Each of these plugins displays in the feature manager with an option to uncheck the feature, however when you uncheck and then click save, then go back, the features are checked again so there doesn't seem to be any way to remove these from the different feature lists.

So If I can't remove these plugins from certain lists, I decided to uninstall the plugins with the command given at: http://www.cpanel.net/plugins/devel/install.html

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/register_cpanelplugin /usr/local/cpanel/bin/billingcenter.cpanelplugin
^^ will install the plugin just fine with no error

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_plugin /usr/local/cpanel/bin/billingcenter.cpanelplugin
^^ will not uninstall as the unregister_plugin doesn't even exist..

I think we have another cpanel bug on our hands.

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I created a new theme and I also installed 6 new plugins. However, it won't allow me to uncheck these plugins for some feature lists. As in these plugins display in every account. Each of these plugins displays in the feature manager with an option to uncheck the feature, however when you uncheck and then click save, then go back, the features are checked again so there doesn't seem to be any way to remove these from the different feature lists.

So If I can't remove these plugins from certain lists, I decided to uninstall the plugins with the command given at: http://www.cpanel.net/plugins/devel/install.html

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/register_cpanelplugin /usr/local/cpanel/bin/billingcenter.cpanelplugin
^^ will install the plugin just fine with no error

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_plugin /usr/local/cpanel/bin/billingcenter.cpanelplugin
^^ will not uninstall as the unregister_plugin doesn't even exist..

I think we have another cpanel bug on our hands.
its unregister_cpanelplugin not unregister_plugin

billyrobot

Feb 18, 2004
This exact problem is happening for me as well.

BR

cPDan

cPanel Staff
Staff member
Mar 9, 2004
This will be resolved in builds that version 13470 or later :)

Funkadelic

Feb 10, 2006
What about cPanel news?

No matter what I do, I can't get the information in the news box to come up in cpanel. Sometimes it will flicker for a split second when loading cpanel but then the news or 'notices' box disappears.

oflus

Feb 11, 2007
I would like to report another bug in the plugin uninstall. When I try to uninstall it, the process goes fine. Once I go back to check if the plugin is indeed uninstalled, it seems to be.

The problem is that the plugin does not disappear in the cPanel theme itself. The icon is gone, but the text link is still present and I can not find any way to remove it.