The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to save php file after using "Code Editor"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cmkelly29, Jan 15, 2011.

1. cmkelly29

cmkelly29 Registered

Hello,

Novice "webmaster" here.

I've run into a problem recently. Whenever I try to edit my php code (using Code Editor), it accesses the file o.k. and I can edit as I please.

However, when I "Save Changes," I'm directed to:
    I've sent in a query to the hosting company, but haven't seen a fix within 24 hours. Obviously, 24 hours is a short amount of time but I really can't afford to have my website sit in purgatory.

I was just curious as to whether anyone has any advice?

It appears the server wants to access a 403 error (which is strange to me), but that I don't have a 403 set up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In your cPanel there is a section called Error Pages you might like to check out.

That 403.shtml its looking for would have said 403 Forbidden and is meant to basically, tell you you were not allowed to do something.

Never edit a file without making a copy of it first. Good rule of thumb to live by.

Get a good FTP client like Cute FTP (my choice) with a built in editor for this sort of task.

24 hours is too long to wait for an answer from a hosting company, IMHO.

I'm not sure though why after editing a file with the File Manager and you save it's redirecting to a 403, browser time out maybe? Your host should be more help there.

You might check the Error Log section of your cPanel for clues.

HTH!