Trying to test the pager settings, doesn't seem to want to cooperate

EviL_SmUrF

Jan 22, 2006
I am trying to test the server contact's section by changing the "Account Creation" to priority 1 so that it'll send a page to my cell phone. I have changed it to 1 twice, clicked save, but everytime I create an account it only emails me like it always has. No text message is recieved on my phone. I also know darn well my phone works correctly because I just emailed myself and recieved it in less than 3 seconds. (##########@vtext.com is the syntax for it).

Any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this problem with cpanel? I have checked /var/log/exim_mainlog and it's not even attempting to send me a page. It's only emailing priority 3's email address.

Izzee

Feb 6, 2004
Check the details are correct in:
Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup

Make sure the pager details are in:
/etc/wwwacct.conf

Do a forum search for pager to see if there is a similar issue that may have a clue for you.

If all looks in order then all you can do is raise a ticket with cPanel support to take a look at it for you.

:)

EviL_SmUrF

Jan 22, 2006
yeah, everything is there. and unfortunately i'm not directly licensed by cpanel. my host bought the license for me.

guess ill open a ticket with them =/

EviL_SmUrF

Jan 22, 2006
hah, awesome. My host says they have found the pager section to never work correctly, and recommended I just put my cell phone's email address in the email section and use it there.

super.