The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn directadmin backups into cpanel ones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sawan3, Feb 11, 2006.

1. sawan3

sawan3 Member

Hi
    Is there a way i can use my site backup from directadmin on cpanel, so it would upload through cpanels backup system.

2. netkinetics

netkinetics Well-Known Member

Home is Baltimore, MD - Currently in the Philippin
    You would spend a bit of time re-creating it just right but I don't see why not.

/scripts/pkgacct reads pretty well as far as how cpanel packages and stores the accounts. Its pretty straight forward however I think you can expect a good amount of trial and error.

I don't know of anyone who wrote a converter.. though one would not be so hard to come up with. I also can't say for sure that one of the existing copy methods couldn't be semi easily mangled to grab DA accounts.

Really all depends on how comfy you are with Perl :)

I once wrote a bash script to convert regular old linux shell accounts (i.e. no control panel or webmin / similar) into a cpanel backup tarball. Wrote it when I offered a free hosting service with an upgrade to regular cpanel years back. If you really, really, really need this lol I could go digging through archives and see if I still have it. None of it is hard, just lots of steps to take to make sure it all works once restored.

Unless there's something available I haven't seen or read about yet.

HTH

3. skyhorse

skyhorse Active Member