The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turn my DNS-Only box to my mail relay too

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by digitalmahdi, May 3, 2013.

1. digitalmahdi

digitalmahdi Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am facing some problems on my Main Server. which is located in uk! the data center closed port 25 on all the servers! and they alternatively provided a relay server to us which has a limitation of 500 mail per day!
    I am hosting a quite number of websites on my server which are included forums and ... and the total number of sent emails exceeds 500!
    I wanted to know how can i setup such relay for myself on a VPS of mine which is a DNS-ONLY box. it's hosted on another data center and i don't have problems there for sending emails.

can anyone please help!

and another question can i have 2 relay in my exim configuration. like if i succeed to setup the relay server on my vps, i use the data center relay as primary and vps in case i have reached the data center maximum allowed number?

thanks in advance

2. digitalmahdi

digitalmahdi Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've sold the problem by adding the main server ip address to a file which i created in /etc/alwaysrelay in dns only vps! now the mails are being sent from dns only vps.

but i still have a question how can i add the data center relay host as well as a backup smart host?