Turn off authentication for webmail

falmon

Registered
Mar 15, 2005
Hi,

I am trying to streamline access to webmail and would like to turn off the normal authentication for the "webmail" (i.e. yourdomain.com:2095) URL, so that users just go directly to a web form.

I have looked briefly at the cpanelproxy site, but this looks like it can't bypass this protection. I don't see why this shouldn't be turned off, so does anyone know a way to do it from the command line? I can't find the settings anywhere...

F

falmon

Registered
Mar 15, 2005
Thank you both for the replies, but neither is really ideal - I have lots of sites and setting up sqmail on each and every one is going to be a crazy hassle. Especially given that cPanel does it all automatically when I create the site.

Also all the clients are used to Squirrelmail, so though the horde bridge is a good idea I can't use it. It's a decent idea as a concept, and I could potentially write a similar script to bypass the authentication login on Squirrelmail, but it would take ages and it can't be that hard to turn off port 2095 authentication ... can it?