The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn off authentication for webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by falmon, Jul 25, 2005.

1. falmon

falmon Registered

Hi,

I am trying to streamline access to webmail and would like to turn off the normal authentication for the "webmail" (i.e. yourdomain.com:2095) URL, so that users just go directly to a web form.

I have looked briefly at the cpanelproxy site, but this looks like it can't bypass this protection. I don't see why this shouldn't be turned off, so does anyone know a way to do it from the command line? I can't find the settings anywhere...

F

2. tanfwc

tanfwc Well-Known Member

3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

4. falmon

falmon Registered

Thank you both for the replies, but neither is really ideal - I have lots of sites and setting up sqmail on each and every one is going to be a crazy hassle. Especially given that cPanel does it all automatically when I create the site.

Also all the clients are used to Squirrelmail, so though the horde bridge is a good idea I can't use it. It's a decent idea as a concept, and I could potentially write a similar script to bypass the authentication login on Squirrelmail, but it would take ages and it can't be that hard to turn off port 2095 authentication ... can it?