The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn on EXEC() ?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mvital, Nov 10, 2005.

1. mvital

mvital Well-Known Member

hi all

i just bought modernbill system and activate enon module and cause this error :

i talk with modernbill suport and they said that i need to do the following:

have 2 questions :

1st: are good ideia to turn on exec() ???
    2st: if so how can i do it ?? if its not a good ideia there is some turna around to have this working ??

Thz
    Best Regards

Mario Vital

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If you want ModerBill to work, you have to turn on exec(). SSH to your server and locate php.ini and add a exec() directive there.

3. PvUtrix

PvUtrix Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's not entirely accurate...
    you have to remove "exec" from a line starting with disable_funtions in php.ini

4. mvital

mvital Well-Known Member

thz guys
    but, how can i do it ... :confused:

newbiee here , further help will be apreciated ....

5. PvUtrix

PvUtrix Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    1) create a php file contatining
    PHP:
    phpinfo();
    and open it

2)find the path to your php.ini by looking for "Configuration File (php.ini) Path"

3)edit your php.ini by typing
    Code:
    pico /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
    (your path could be different)

4) ctrl+w to search for "disable_functions"

5) remove "exec" from the list

6) Save php.ini and restart apache

6. mvital

mvital Well-Known Member

thz PvUtrix

i will try and say if fixes this problem.

Best regards
    Mario Vital

7. mvital

mvital Well-Known Member

ok
    i dont have anything listing under the disable_functions ?

Code:

; Safe Mode
    safe_mode               =       On
    safe_mode_exec_dir      =
    safe_mode_allowed_env_vars = PHP_                                       ; Setting certain environment variables
                                                                                                            ; may be a potential security breach.
                                                                                                            ; This directive contains a comma-delimited
                                                                                                            ; list of prefixes.  In Safe Mode, the
                                                                                                            ; user may only alter environment
                                                                                                            ; variables whose names begin with the
                                                                                                            ; prefixes supplied here.
                                                                                                            ; By default, users will only be able
                                                                                                            ; to set environment variables that begin
                                                                                                            ; with PHP_ (e.g. PHP_FOO=BAR).
                                                                                                            ; Note:  If this directive is empty, PHP
                                                                                                            ; will let the user modify ANY environment
                                                                                                            ; variable!
    safe_mode_protected_env_vars = LD_LIBRARY_PATH          ; This directive contains a comma-
                                                                                                            ; delimited list of environment variables,
                                                                                                            ; that the end user won't be able to
                                                                                                            ; change using putenv().
                                                                                                            ; These variables will be protected
                                                                                                            ; even if safe_mode_allowed_env_vars is
                                                                                                            ; set to allow to change them.

disable_functions       =                                                               ; This directive allows you to disable certain
                                                                                                            ; functions for security reasons.  It receives
                                                                                                            ; a comma separated list of function names.
                                                                                                            ; This directive is *NOT* affected by whether
                                                                                                            ; Safe Mode is turned on or off.

any other reason for that error ???

8. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

It's not impossible that you're looking at the wrong php.ini file. There's a good chance you are looking at the right file, but it does no harm to check.

From ssh, when logged in as root, type: locate php.ini

You will probably find more than one, probably around 3. One will be being used by your public PHP installation and, if I remember correctly, one for cPanel's PHP and one example.

To be on the safe side, check all three in succession and see if any have anything for the 'disable_functions' setting.

9. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

When you have safe_mode on, exec() doesn't work.

10. mvital

mvital Well-Known Member

thz for your reply´s i will take a better look to all php.ini

i believe that i correct the right one ( i run phpinfo file ) and it gives me /usr/local/Zendetc/php.ini

thz again guys.. ;)
    best regards

11. budway

budway Well-Known Member

get a managed company you clearly don't know what you are doing.

Best of the luck!