The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning APF off/problem moving accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cogimo, Sep 9, 2004.

1. cogimo

cogimo Registered

HI

I had my server secured and it uses APF. The problem I am having is I am not able to use the transfer accounts feature in WHM

Can someone tell me how to turn APF off and how to turn it back on when I have finished moving the accounts over

I saw it somewhere before

Thanks in advance

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

I would suggest you find our what settings you have in place with APF that is preventing you from doing this. You have already ruled it down to APF, just tweak the conf.

And to answer your question, ( and if you read the README you would know this ), issue: "service apf stop" at the command line. If you have BFD installed or antidos installed the firewall may restart on its own, so keep that in mind.

3. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

I agree with Haze, it is better to resolve the issue than to just dance around it. I know how you feel though just wanting to get something done to get it done.

Instead of stopping apf, you may want to simply set EGF="0" in your config and restart it. That will disable egress filtering which may be causing your problem (I haven't looked at the transfer process).