The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TWiki cpanel Parked/Addon domain pages content suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by openaccess, Feb 20, 2013.

1. openaccess

openaccess Active Member

This is for anyone with access to edit TWiki. It is a suggestion and at the bottom I have the info I'd like to add.

On the cPanel documentation, under the Addon Domains page and the Parked Domains page, it would be helpful to add to the "Remove a __ domain" section on each page some additional info on how mailboxes are treated.

I just finished testing the current behavior (in 11.34; I hope it hasn't changed in 11.36). Also note that the addon page has no notice about how mailboxes are affected, but the parked page has plenty. They behave the same, so the message should be duplicated. I did NOT test the primary domain name rename function to see how an addon domain would behave.

The parked domain section currently reads:
    When you remove a parked domain, any email accounts associated with that parked domain will no longer show in the cPanel interface. However, the files for this email account will still exist. When the account's primary domain name is changed to the unparked domain name in WHM using the Modify an Account feature, the email accounts will appear in the user's cPanel interface.

Revised version:
    When you remove a parked domain, any email accounts associated with that parked domain will no longer show in the cPanel interface. However, the files for this email account will still exist. When the domain is re-added as a parked domain or an addon domain, or the account's primary domain name is changed to the unparked domain name in WHM using the Modify an Account feature, the email accounts will reappear in the user's cPanel interface. Also note that the old primary domain name's mailboxes will be hidden from cpanel, but the files will remain.

2. cPanelRosie

cPanelRosie Member
    Staff Member

Hello, openaccess!

My name is Rosie and I work for the Documentation department at cPanel.

I have opened case 63702 with Documentation to look into your suggestions. All our Docs cases have to go through verification, a tech review and a peer review. Right now, this case is in the verification stage.

As soon as I have any updates on the case, I will post them here.
    Thanks so much for your post and helping us update our documentation!

Rosie