The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two accounts one shell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaidok.net, Aug 28, 2007.

1. kaidok.net

kaidok.net Member

Is it possible to have two accounts but have one of the accounts access both home dirs via shell with permission to change and write data.

I have two users;
    1 bob /home/bob
    2 bill /home/bill

I want bob to be able to access and control /home/bill from shell and not wreck the account to the point of it not working. Is this possible or is doing an add-on domain a better solution?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

A add-on domain would be the safest solution and easier to manage from a single account. If more control and separation is needed, how about making Bob a reseller and Bill a client.

3. kaidok.net

kaidok.net Member

I really would like to maintain seperation and control individually on my end. I guess the one thing I forgot to add is that both users have 2 parked domains. I haven't looked lately but can you park a domain onto an add-on domain?

I don't want to make bob a reseller and I am not sure that it would give him anymore privledges in shell over bill account, of course I could be wrong. I always do everything in root myself but only because it's my server so what I am doing is fairly new to me. I know it can be done but I want to make sure it doesn't break something.