The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two control panel questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mdp79, Mar 16, 2004.

1. mdp79

mdp79 Registered

Mar 16, 2004
    1. I bought some webspace recently and neither the seller I bought it from nor I can figure out why I can't access through the control panel, after over a week or so. I can upload and link to files on my site just fine, and I have a host URL, but at the moment when I log into the File Manager, I can't get into any of the folders or subfolders to see the files in there. I also can't access it through FTP, as I get a "cannot resolve host" error when I try to log in. Does anyone know what the problem could be? The site itself works, but the File Manager is as if I have no hosting there, aside from the ability to upload files, and move/delete/rename folders.

2. I'm relatively new to owning webspace, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can tell when someone is leeching my bandwidth (i.e. directly posting my images or files on other sites without my permission). A few friends of mine have had problems with this, so is there anything in the control panel that can tell you where your files are being leeched and which files they are?

Thanks in advance for any help on either question.