The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two cPanel servers with the same MySQL server.

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jambajukebox, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jambajukebox

jambajukebox Registered

Hello,

For quite a while I am using two dedicated servers, where the first one has cPanel on it and holds the files, and another which has CentOS on it and holds only the MySQL setup.
    However, since a recent traffic growth, I need to add a second cPanel server. I would like this second server to be linked to the same MySQL server as well, since the load on the MySQL server barely passes 1.

Now from what I understand, this isn't supported out-of-the box from cPanel, but it can be done by avoiding identical usernames to be created.

In order for the second server to be able to communicate naturally with the MySQL server, a setup must be made from "Setup Remote MySQL server" from cPanel.
    My question is: Upon using this above-mentioned feature, what operations are being done by cPanel? How will cPanel affect my existing databases and usernames on the server during this process ?

Thank you,
    Petru