KevBonline

Feb 7, 2019
New Mexico, USA
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello everyone,

About 6 months ago I tried to login to the cpanel of my main domain which is connected to my reseller account and I received an "invalid login". I reset the password and when I logged in I noticed the cpanel layout was completely different. (I've included a couple of images).

I think this new layout is called a reseller cpanel. I've had this reseller account for nearly 6 years and I've always used the standard cpanel layout and the WHM, this reseller layout was new to me.

I thought maybe it was just an upgrade so I ignored it. I only had a static index.htm on the site but decided to do a WP install using softalicoius from this new cpanel. Everything went fine, then about 3 days later I noticed my WP site was gone and the static index.htm page I deleted had returned.

I tried to login to the cpanel and got another "invalid login". I tried my old password and it let me in and I noticed the cpanel had changed back to the standard cpanel layout.

Whenever I upload WP or HTML to the server, all my work disappears after about 3 days and reverts back to whatever I had uploaded before. It's like some sort of automatic back up that keeps changing my work and whenever it does this I always I have to use a different password to get back in and the cpanel is always different. No matter what I do, everything keeps changing on it's own.

This only happens to my domain connected to my reseller account. I have no problem with the domains that are listed under my reseller account. I'm not sure what to make of it. I've been trying to work with 2 different cpanels but it keeps locking me out and changing all my work and I was hoping that maybe someone here could tell me what the problem could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

standard panel.png reseller panel.png

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You'll probably need to contact your hosting provider where you get the reseller account. Nothing in cPanel normally would revert your site back to a backup repeatedly like that.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This is definitely something your provider needs to assist you with, as @GOT noted cPanel doesn't have any functionality that would perform these actions normally and to investigate what is going on you'd need root access to the server.

Thanks!