The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two domains pointing to the same site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergo, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Fergo

Fergo Member

Hello!
    I have a reseller account in a Webhost company and it uses WHM. One of my "clients" has an account (let's say www.site1.com) registered in my WHM and now she would like to buy another domain, but pointing to the same site (www.site1.com) while keeping the new address in the address bar.
    I should do this in WHM or inside the account's cPanel? Redirecting the domain in Cpanel would cause the address to change from "www.site2.com" to "www.site1.com" as soon as the browser loads the page.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,
    Fergo

2. ravindradhainwa

ravindradhainwa Well-Known Member

#2 ravindradhainwa, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. Fergo

Fergo Member

Thanks!
    One more question, about redirections this time.

The domain www.site1.com is registered and have an WHM account (where the site is stored). The domain www.site2.com is registered, but doesn't have a hosting plan. How can I make www.site2.com redirect to www.site1.com, as the site2.com doesn't have a hosting plan "attached" to it and due to this I can't access the cPanel?
    Do I need to create a WHM account for site2.com just to access it's control panel and redirect it?

Thanks in advance,
    Fergo

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like the same answer as your first question. To add a domain to another domains cPanel account you point the nameservers at your registrar to the server, and then add the second domain to the existing domains cPanel addon domains area (to run this domain as a site and SHARE the same cPanel) or park the domain so that it points to the first/existing domain. (will share same cPanel, not a separate site)

5. Fergo

Fergo Member

But when I add or park a new domain, if the user type www.site2.com, this address will remain www.site2.com in the address bar (or not?). In the second question I wanted to simply redirect site2 to site1 (when user types www.site2.com, the address bar changes to www.site1.com after redirecting).

Fergo

6. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Depending on your cPanel version, after you Park site2.com you should see an ACTIONS column next to it in the PARKED DOMAINS section of the cPanel. In the ACTIONS column choose MANAGE REDIRECTION and you can make it arrive at site1.com in the browser address bar even though site2.com is just parked.

7. Fergo

Fergo Member

Thanks, I've got it.

Regards,
    Fergo