Two-Factor Authentication configuration

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

You recommend me enable "Two-Factor Authentication" tool in WHM/cPanel or can generate access problems?.

If I enable him, in "Issuer" I need put a different hostname in each server or I need put the same info in all servers? (because I have various servers). I attached an image.

Thank you very much. Have a nice day!

Attachments

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The Issuer setting determines the name that appears in the authentication app when a user accesses the security code. If you do not enter a name for the Issuer setting, it defaults to the hostname.

Reactions: MindServer

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The Issuer setting determines the name that appears in the authentication app when a user accesses the security code. If you do not enter a name for the Issuer setting, it defaults to the hostname.
-If I wirte "Issuer = My Bussiness Name" in all servers when configure "Two-Factor Authentication" will work correctly?.

-Other thing: if client enable Two-Factor Authentication in her cPanel account, the admins will can access since WHMCS buttons?.

Thank you very much.

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I would write something unique in the Issuer field because you will be confused to which server the code belongs. If you enable 2FA I think yes, your clients from WHMCS can still access the accounts but I'm not 100% sure in that...maybe @cPanelLauren can confirm this?

Reactions: MindServer

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I would write something unique in the Issuer field because you will be confused to which server the code belongs. If you enable 2FA I think yes, your clients from WHMCS can still access the accounts but I'm not 100% sure in that...maybe @cPanelLauren can confirm this?
Thank you friend. I contacted to WHMCS support and they told me need disable Two-factor for cPanel API: CPanel/WHM - WHMCS Documentation

With this should be work correctly, I will do tests.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: andrew.n

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston