The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two important questions about the new backup system.

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by jols, May 13, 2014.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2004
    I see that the backup system is mounting the backup drive if it is currently unmounted at the time of backup. But when the backup is complete, will the new backup system automatically UNmount the backup drive the same way this used to work with the legacy backup system? I'm trying this now with the new backup system, but it does not seem to work that way any more.

What's the best method these days for clearing long deleted accounts from the backup drive? Is there a plugin that will do this for the new backup system? Or perhaps some feature that I have overlooked?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

1. Per our documentation , yes, after the backup completes, it should dismount the drive. Please open a support ticket and let us know the ticket number if you want us to investigate this further on your system.

2. Backups are stored in directories named with the date of the backup generation. Thus, if you only retain five backups, the backup directory with the terminated account is going to be pruned after that fifth backup generation post-termination.

Thank you.