The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two MySQL Issues: Priveleges and InnoDB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 00 Agent Kid, Apr 29, 2005.

1. 00 Agent Kid

00 Agent Kid Guest

I'm experiencing an odd error when trying to update MySQL users in cPanel. No matter what I do, every user is always granted all privileges. I'm not sure if it's cPanel itself or my host. I posted a thread on their support forums a while ago, yet the issue is still not resolved.

Another problem is that, according to the administrator in this thread, cPanel does not support InnoDB tables in MySQL. I am confused on this issue, as the only control over MySQL that I have in cPanel are users and databases, not tables. I control the tables via phpMyAdmin.

I would like to know if either of these issues are cPanel-related and whether or not these problems can be rectified. Thanks in advance.
  2. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    cPanel does not disable the support of InnoDB tables, but they may enter the skip-innodb into their mysql config. Because of some stresses of InnoDB, I disable it by default on my servers.

You can always use a remote MySQL host or find a host that does offer the support of InnoDB tables.