The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two PHP Handler Configuration (or 2 PHP Installs with Different Handlers)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Avalon, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Avalon

Avalon Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I've come across a bit of a snafu recently with one of our older sites: the PHP scripts from them don't run under suPHP (but run under everything else) and I didn't feel a legacy site justified the need to move away from one handler yet I ironically felt that it was okay to put two PHPs on the system or have two handlers.

So that's my question: is there a way to configure a cPanel system to either:

a) run a single instance of PHP with two handlers (the normal suPHP for everything except one account/site)
    b) run two instances of PHP, each with its own handler (one suPHP for everything except one account/site).

And yes, before anyone asks: I have chmod, chownd, and ran many scripts galore without getting this one particular site to run which only leaves this last solution since I know from recompiling through EasyApache 3 that it will run on anything other than suPHP.

This issue appears to be a holdover from the fact that FastCGI was where the site last resided and was configured and built on.

Server OS: CentOS 6.6 x64
    cPanel/WHM Version: 11.48.3

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Avalon

Avalon Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Shortly after posting this I went ahead and switched over to Cloud Linux through my NOC provider which has a PHP selector integrated among many other things.

I've seen a lot of added benefits with Cloud Linux + cPanel versus CentOS and for $12/mo the integration is something you can't beat.

Onto the issue at hand; we went with a compromise of FastCGI with suEXEC although we did note an uptake in the PHP process CPU usage compared to suPHP. I'm not certain if this is related to memcached or FastCGI however.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator