Two servers have crashed after update?

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
I'm pretty sure that each night, cpanel runs an update (upcp?). Well on two of my servers failed at around 4am this morning, and now when I try to reboot them, they don't come up at all? I am thinking it might have been after the update...

Anyone else experiencing these problems? Both servers are at different datacenters, so I am just not sure what the problem could be.

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
I honestly don't know what it was set up to update to. After reading some other posts about another issue, I think it might have updated to the edge

mr.wonderful

BANNED
Feb 1, 2004
You should really be careful when upgrading. I mean if you dont know what your upgrading to, or why your doing it, why do it? Im at Edge on all my boxes but i have not upgraded in at least 4 days. Tread with caution. Thanks for the warning, not that i think your issue is an update issue, but i do want to stay safe therefore i will hold of on upgrading for now.

noimad1

Mar 27, 2003
Originally posted by mr.wonderful
You should really be careful when upgrading. I mean if you dont know what your upgrading to, or why your doing it, why do it? Im at Edge on all my boxes but i have not upgraded in at least 4 days. Tread with caution. Thanks for the warning, not that i think your issue is an update issue, but i do want to stay safe therefore i will hold of on upgrading for now.
What i am saying is that I think cpanel automatically updated. I didn't know there was a setting to make it manual, and only update to stable.

At anyrate, one of the servers is back online. The other is off. I don't think the update was the problem after all.

Thanks,
Damion

ddeans

Feb 13, 2004
Maryland
I am having a similiar problem. I just updated my cPanel manually the update went fine but then I rebooted the server and it wont come up at all... I can't even Ping it..