Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two servers the same configuration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DjordjeB, Jul 13, 2017.

1. DjordjeB

DjordjeB Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, i have one server (shared hosting newest cpanel, centos 7) and i need to buy one more.
    How i can have the same configuration on both servers?
    And i need if i change something (php, apache, dns) that is automatically changed on second one.

One more thing: Server1 has ns1.server and ns2.server (one ip for both ns1 and ns2). Can i change ns2.server to second server ip and if i need to transfer account from one server to another that i don't need to change nameservers?

Also some cPanel documentation is welcome.

Thank you!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @DjordjeB,

The following document lists the customization options available during the installation process:

Installation Guide - Customize Your Installation - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

As far as syncing configuration changes from one server to another, you can do this to some extent via "WHM >> Configuration Cluster":

Configuration Cluster - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

However, there's still some progress to be made for syncing all types of configurations. The following URL includes a list of feature requests for additional functionality to the Configuration Cluster option:

Search Results (103) - "Configuration Cluster" | cPanel & WHM Feature Requests

Technically, you could enable DNS clustering and update the name server IP for NS2 to the IP address of the second server. However, WHM-to-WHM two-way sync configurations are not recommended and can lead to DNS errors. Ideally, you'd setup a third server with cPanel DNSOnly and have the DNS zones from both hosting servers handled by the DNSOnly server. Here are some documents you can review to familiarize yourself with DNS clustering:

Guide to DNS Cluster Configurations - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
    DNS Cluster - Documentation - cPanel Documentation
    DNS FAQ - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

inetbizo likes this.