The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Strange (Related?) Issues - Cert Error and Trial License Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wcs2, Feb 10, 2015.

1. wcs2

wcs2 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    Since yesterday, I've been getting certificate errors for the cert that was installed a month ago. I've had to reinstall on multiple devices and the warning is saying it's self-signed (it isn't). So that's strange, and it led me to log in to Cpanel and I see a large warning about this license being a trial license that will expire at the end of the trial period. It isn't a trial license - or at least it hasn't been for the past several years.

I wouldn't think these two things are related, but they are both out of the blue and occurred at the exact same time. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

PS: WHM 11.48.0.11, CENTOS 6.6 x86_64

#1 wcs2, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like you changed the main IP address if I was to guess. Can you verify the correct main server IP is still configured properly?

3. wcs2

wcs2 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It is, regretfully, stranger than that so I can't provide a straight yes or no. I now have two tickets going with my license provider HostDime, one for billing, one for support. They have my license incorrectly listed as an external VPS package. I had one of those but canceled it. Then they billled me for the IP address I canceled and have the external VPS package assigned to my existing IP address.

At the same time, every cert I have on that server is now showing as self-signed, although none of them are. As the only person with access to that server, I'm baffled. And they're just as confused, which is a nice way to say they're not really helping yet.