Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Two Strange (Related?) Issues - Cert Error and Trial License Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wcs2, Feb 10, 2015.

1. wcs2

wcs2 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    Since yesterday, I've been getting certificate errors for the cert that was installed a month ago. I've had to reinstall on multiple devices and the warning is saying it's self-signed (it isn't). So that's strange, and it led me to log in to Cpanel and I see a large warning about this license being a trial license that will expire at the end of the trial period. It isn't a trial license - or at least it hasn't been for the past several years.

I wouldn't think these two things are related, but they are both out of the blue and occurred at the exact same time. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

PS: WHM 11.48.0.11, CENTOS 6.6 x86_64

#1 wcs2, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like you changed the main IP address if I was to guess. Can you verify the correct main server IP is still configured properly?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wcs2

wcs2 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It is, regretfully, stranger than that so I can't provide a straight yes or no. I now have two tickets going with my license provider HostDime, one for billing, one for support. They have my license incorrectly listed as an external VPS package. I had one of those but canceled it. Then they billled me for the IP address I canceled and have the external VPS package assigned to my existing IP address.

At the same time, every cert I have on that server is now showing as self-signed, although none of them are. As the only person with access to that server, I'm baffled. And they're just as confused, which is a nice way to say they're not really helping yet.