The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TYPO3 and fcgi performance issue

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by LasseTK, Nov 4, 2011.

1. LasseTK

LasseTK Active Member

Apr 15, 2005
    I am currently testing a switch from dso to mod_fcgi + suexec. I am doing this for various reasons, but mainly to enable users to run PHP scripts with their own user instead of nobody.

I managed to get everything working except from a few sites, where the users are using php_flags etc. in their .htaccess files and therefor get a 500 error. Not to worry - I know how to fix this with a php.ini file instead.

During testing I did however also find a serious problem, that I do not know how to solve so I am hoping that someone here on the forum can help!

I have a lot of sites that use TYPO3. They all use a shared TYPO3 core source and then have their individual config an files in their homedir. These sites are for some reason very slow. It takes 5 - 10 sec. to display a site. With dso this was way below 1 sec.

All other sites with custom scripts and WordPress works just fine, and the problem seem to be isolated to TYPO3.

Any suggestions on how to debug or solve this issue?
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you considered posting on the TYPO3 mailing list or using their IRC channel for the issue? I'm not certain enough users here would be using that CMS in order to know why it specifically is having issues.

Here's a link to their support sources:

TYPO3 - the Enterprise Open Source CMS: About