Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

UAPI modules and python

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Paul Miller, Feb 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with extending cPanel's UAPI via modules in a language different than perl? I've checked the docs, and they state that the supported languages are Perl and PHP, but I've only seen examples in perl, with no indication of alternatives.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to create a custom module in python that would export functionality through the UAPI access points. Any pointers/code snippets?

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Paul,

We don't provide any official Python examples, but here are some third-party examples you may find helpful (they demonstrate cPanel API 2 usage with Python, but it should give you a general idea of what you'd need to do to make it work with UAPI):

Build software better, together
    oznu/pycpanel

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...