Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

UDP flood out to nameservers registrar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcuszan, Nov 21, 2018.

1. marcuszan

marcuszan Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I created a new user account on my cpanel and set up some addon domains. these addon domains all are set up to redirect to another url in cpanel redirect manager.
    This works as supposed.
    On this new user account I have NO scripts or software installed. Only the htaccess redirects created by cpanel.
    My CSF firewall start sending me this logs :

kernel: Firewall:*UDPFLOOD* IN= OUT=eth0 SRC=server-main-IP DST=several-IPs LEN=75 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=29755 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=59705 DPT=53 LEN=55 UID=1010 GID=1012

When I study all the DST IP's, they all seems to belong to the nameservers of the registrar where I have the domains set up.

btw> main server IP in the entry above is not the dedicated IP the cpanel account is on, its the general main server IP

Can anybody tell me what is happening here ?

Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...