The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to add Addon Domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tonybates, Mar 19, 2015.

1. tonybates

tonybates Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I have a cpanel account for web admin and also have permission to add additional domains (upto 20). But when I try to add, a domain which I own, it gave the following error:

"Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

Point to note here is, both the domains (I.e my cpanel domain and the additional domain) are from same domain name service provider.

Kindly help me in this regard to additional domains.

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Have you updated the name servers for this additional domain name so that it points to name servers provided by your hosting provider? If so, please report this issue to your hosting provider so they can take a closer look and temporarily disable the option that causes that message if necessary.

Thank you.

3. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have my domains registered with 123-reg, who provide me with a DNS and NS control panel.

Within that control panel is the ability to change the name servers, which i would need to change first.
    This usually takes about 5 minutes to propagate, only then can i create an addon domain.