The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to add parked/addon domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gayan, Jun 29, 2009.

1. gayan

gayan Member

Hello there,

I'm having trouble with adding parked/addon domains to my clients i.e cPanel side. When i try to add them i get the following error:

But if i enable the following option on the WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings, i am able to add parked/addon domains.

Is this right? Or have i done something wrong?

Thanks everyone.

2. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. gayan

gayan Member

Hello,

Actually these domains that i'm trying add as parked/addon domains are already pointing towards my name servers. Yet cPanel says they're pointing elsewhere.

That is the issue here.

4. ManuelT

ManuelT Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue, enabling "Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers" does fix the issue however since the domain already points to my name servers this shouldn't be happening.

5. crimsondryad

crimsondryad Member

Park Wrapper Error, Nameservers are Correct

I am having this issue also. I double-checked the nameservers, they are correct. The IPs listed as "pointed to" are my nameserver IPs. However, cPanel will not allow me to park the second domain.

I checked the package to ensure it allowed parked domains, it does.

I also checked the DNS records for the nameservers. So far they look to be correct, A records are set up, nameserver names have periods at the end. Even tried reloading Bind.

This doesn't make sense and apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? :confused:

EDIT: And yes, I know about the Tweak Settings fix to allow registering of any domain. I DO NOT want to do that - it's an insecure hack that band-aids the problem instead of fixing it.

2nd EDIT: Was able to park the domain using WHM > DNS > Park a Domain, but not via the client cpanel. While I'm not hosting resellers right now, I am planning to in the future. Need this fixed/

RESOLUTION:: Finally figured out I was using the 'X" theme instead of the newer 'X3' theme. Older one is blue-based, newer one is white-based and cleaner. Switched themes and then parked the domain, it worked. Go figure. Hope this helps someone else out.

#5 crimsondryad, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  6. artiej609

artiej609 Registered

add on domain problems

okay I registered my first domain with go-daddy, got hosting at hostgator. First site worked good looked good etc. Then I got and add on domain from go-daddy made sure the dns servers were hostgators. now when i type in the first domain in the address bar, the add on domain website comes up. when I type in the add on domains website address, it doesn't come up. I'm puzzled:confused: