The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to change cpanel mail password

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nightfall_sg, Oct 28, 2005.

1. nightfall_sg

nightfall_sg Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi.

I recently added to new domains to my cpanel server. The accounts were created, likewise mail accounts within these domains.

I use a 3rd party webmail, Squirrelmail.

I am able to change the password and set vacation messages, for all mail accounts from other domains created previously using the webmail interface. However since last night all new domains accounts (including these 2 new ones) have this problem of being unable to change password or set vacation message using Squirrelmail and the plugin provided.

So I set the plugin to debug mode to see what is happening. When I tried to change the password for those mail accounts in these 2 new domains . I can see from the debug (cpanel response) show the following:

Change Mail Account Settings

Account Settings Changed

The e-mail account domain@yourdomain.com was successfully modified. Sorry, you do not have access to the domain honglam.com.sg Sorry, you do not have access to the domain honglam.com.sg Sorry, you do not have access to the domain honglam.com.sg Sorry, you do not have access to the domain honglam.com.sg domain+honglam.com.sgSorry, you do not have access to the domain honglam.com.sg

Can someone help me ? Is there something I can do to sort this out?

I stress that this method of changing password still works for all my other old domains, it is only affecting new accounts created.

Any kind assistance would be greatly appreciated!

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Worth a try

/scripts/mailperm

3. nightfall_sg

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    thanks, but that did not work.

4. nightfall_sg

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I hope someone can help me.

Just to add some details.

When in debug mode while trying to change password using 3rd party webmail like Squirrelmail, I can see this message.

"Change Mail Account Settings

Account Settings Changed

The e-mail account testmail@domain.com was successfully modified. Sorry, you do not have access to the testmail@domain.com. Sorry, you do not have access to the testmail@domain.com Sorry, you do not have access to the testmail@domain.com Sorry, you do not have access to the domain domain.com testmail+domain.com.Sorry, you do not have access to the domain domain.com "

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.