The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to connect to POP3 server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale S, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Dale S

Dale S Member

I have accounts that have been running on Outlook for months. Suddenly we get errors on various accounts on different domains. "Unable to connect to the server (Account "My Mail" POP3 Server: 'mydomain.com', Error Number 0xx800ccc0e)".

These errors do not occur on all domains, no do they affect all e-mail accounts on any domain. There seems to be no reason why they would be working for months and suddenly quit. I have checked all settings in Outlook and they are correct. Once we begin getting the error on any account we have never been able to get it to work again. We can get the e-mail by using webmail without problems.

Any ideas?

2. gahelm

gahelm Active Member

I just had this happen on one of my accounts as well. I chnaged the users account name in his outlook from "user@domain.com" to "user+domain.com" Not sure whay I had to do that, but it worked.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You could also check /var/log/maillog when POPing the account and seeing if there are any errors.

4. pottenkulam

pottenkulam Member

here's what i think could be the reason...

one of my clients set a subdomain mail.domain.com to forward to domain.com/webmail

since the forward wasn't working out, he deleted the subdomain. and then, the mail server also got screwed with, as a result. any solutions?

ps: how does one check /var/log/maillog