Unable to connect to POP3 server

Dale S

Sep 3, 2004
I have accounts that have been running on Outlook for months. Suddenly we get errors on various accounts on different domains. "Unable to connect to the server (Account "My Mail" POP3 Server: 'mydomain.com', Error Number 0xx800ccc0e)".

These errors do not occur on all domains, no do they affect all e-mail accounts on any domain. There seems to be no reason why they would be working for months and suddenly quit. I have checked all settings in Outlook and they are correct. Once we begin getting the error on any account we have never been able to get it to work again. We can get the e-mail by using webmail without problems.

Any ideas?

gahelm

Jun 21, 2003
Florida
I just had this happen on one of my accounts as well. I chnaged the users account name in his outlook from "[email protected]" to "user+domain.com" Not sure whay I had to do that, but it worked.

pottenkulam

Mar 27, 2006
here's what i think could be the reason...

one of my clients set a subdomain mail.domain.com to forward to domain.com/webmail

since the forward wasn't working out, he deleted the subdomain. and then, the mail server also got screwed with, as a result. any solutions?

ps: how does one check /var/log/maillog