The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to create pop3 email accounts in CPanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Tapan, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hello,

One of my client is unable to create any pop3 email accounts in cpanel. When i tried to do it i faced same problem. The problem is that when we goto create a new pop3 account and enter user/pass and limit and press the create button it says "account has been created etc." but when we press the go back button then there's no account created at all.

This is only happenign with this customer's account and rest all are fine. Can someone tell me what's the problem ?

Thanks.

2. vips

vips Registered

Hi,

It seems to be a ownership problem, just check the ownership of files and folders in sites /etc folder the path is /home/site/etc , the ownership must be username.username .

Also the check the shadow or passwd file if everything is correct. :cool:

3. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Well the ownership should be username:mail of /home/username/etc and /home/username/mial folders
    You can check for any errors in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log (if any) while creating the email account.

4. RizyDeWino

RizyDeWino Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem for one newly setup account on the server , after spending hours and finding no solution (ofcourse all sort of permissions/ownerships, settings , configurations were correct) , I took the backup (was a new account so only few files) of the account , terminated it and then created the account again and the problem was solved.

I know this is not a very good solution , but was forced to do it as nothing else worked.

5. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hi,

Ya same thing was with me..but client had done so many changes but then i aksed my tech team to do it and they just after few mintues told me that its working now.

So i will ask them what was the problem and what they did.

Thanks.

6. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Yes, though it is not a good solution but it has helped us alot on few occasions when Cpanel is not ready to give any clue about the problem... :D