Thank you for the additional information.
I noticed that you said you were haveing the problem in IE8 and compatablity mode helped.
I am using IE9, I tried switching to compatability mode and it did not work. In fact I lost the images for the 3 webmail apps on the home screen, and an most of the sub pages the top button to add a filter or add an auto-responder was gone, so I could not test to see if it works.
I am using a branded version of black ice style, I tried switching to root sytle and that did not help either.
I noticed 2 things that seem wrong to me.
Second I see this on the bottom of some of my subpages "../../../whostmgr/docroot/templates/_ajaxapp.tmpl"
I would not expect to see that displayed.
I tested in firefox and get the same result.
I also tested truing to create a rule with an illegal name, I did get a pop-up telling me that the rule name was invalid, so that button is doing something, it just seems to be the create functon that is not working properly.