Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Unable to determine domain ownership error

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by PatrickVeenstra, Sep 2, 2018.

1. PatrickVeenstra

PatrickVeenstra Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    EA3.
    Code:
    [2018-09-02 09:50:29 +0200] warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain ***MY_IP*** ownership. Attempting lookup on domain 143.191.207 (manually added domain). at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 1366.
        ApacheConfDistiller::run("--update") called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 2016
    [2018-09-02 09:50:29 +0200] warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain ***MY_IP*** ownership. Setting user to 'nobody'. at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 1371.
        ApacheConfDistiller::run("--update") called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 2016
    [2018-09-02 09:50:29 +0200] warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain _wildcard_.domaina.com ownership. Attempting lookup on domain domaina.com (manually added domain). at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 1366.
    [2018-09-02 09:50:29 +0200] warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain _wildcard_.domaina.com ownership. Attempting lookup on domain domaina.com (manually added domain). at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller line 1366.

I have quite some errors (every wildcard domain throws them) like the last one I've copied above (same error comes up every time twice).
    Doesn't seem to matter, but is annoying.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @PatrickVeenstra,

Those appear to be cosmetic warnings that don't affect usability (case FB-104185 is archived and notes those warnings). It's related to the use of domain names without an entry in /etc/userdomains, but with a ServerName entry in the httpd.conf file. These types of issues are unlikely to be addressed before EasyApache 3 reaches end-of-life status. To that point, EasyApache 3 is quickly approaching end-of-life status. You can read more about this on the following blog post:

EasyApache 3: It's been a long road, but it will be time to say goodbye soon. | cPanel Blog

Is there anything in-particular that's preventing you from upgrading to EasyApache 4 that I can assist you with?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...