The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to edit document root from cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oswgarcia, Oct 13, 2014.

1. oswgarcia

oswgarcia Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi All,

We are unable to edit the document root in cPanel without having to delete the entire subdomain and recreate it. In the past we were able to click the edit icon and edit the document but it now it just refreshes the page rather than allows us to edit. Our Cpanel version is 11.30.6.

We do not see any error on the logs, also I tested this in a different server with same Cpanel version and I got the same results. Do you have any idea what could be the problem?. I am wondering if this option is not available anymore and the only way to do it is recreating the subdomain.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

If your product version is 11.30.6 I strongly encourage you to update. We stopped supporting that version almost two years ago. There are a number of fixes you are not receiving.

It's quite probable the problem with modifying document roots is linked to the old version of cPanel & WHM being used. Looking at our internal bug tracker I see various fixes for that feature being applied to 11.32 and newer.

3. oswgarcia

oswgarcia Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks for your response Kenneth, we definitely need to work in an update asap.

Have a good day.