signtec

Registered
Dec 17, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello, noob here.

I purchased a contact form from free contact form. com PRO version. I have followed all instructions from unzipping files and uploading to FTP. When I try to execute PHP file, I received a 500 error. I checked the error log, which BTW are not updating as I've keep trying everyday, and I have received the below error.

[Tue Dec 15 21:54:03.848589 2020] [:error] [pid 866087:tid 140100859803392] [client 142.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home2/user/public_html/fcf.install.php

Any help is greatly appreciated.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Unfortunately I don't believe you're going to be able to solve this one without the help of your web hosting provider or datacenter. They'd have access to the server logs that show specifically why the 500 error is happening, and what needs to be done to resolve it, but you may not be able to see all those logs on your end. I'd recommend contacting them directly and having them take a look at the machine for you, but a 500 error should be relatively simple to resolve on their side.

signtec

Registered
Dec 17, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I appreciate your quick response. Is there a reason why the error logs have stopped updating? I've tried running the PHP both yesterday and today yet the log stops on Dec 15th?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's possible that logging has been changed by the host, or that the 500 errors specifically are not showing up in that page. That would be a good thing to mention to the host too, as they could compare the actual log files in /etc/apache2 to the logs being shown in your cPanel interface to see if there is a discrepancy there.