Unable to find CSF in WebHost Manager

oah

Jan 23, 2018
Iraq
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi
I have been trying to find the "ConfigServer Security & Firewall" option after updating to versionv76.0.10,any idea on where to find it? I had no problems at all with the v 74, has it been relocated or so?

this is what I get when I search for it:

upload_2018-12-3_6-4-28.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ES - George

PartnerNOC
Jun 12, 2011
UK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
The screenshot you've provided suggests that CSF / ConfigServer Firewall isn't installed. If it were, it would show up in your search, and there would also be a "Plugins" icon on the main WHM home screen.

If you'd like to double check that, though, open an SSH session (or use the WHM Terminal) and run the command "csf" - what is the output?

Reactions: cPanelLauren

oah

Jan 23, 2018
Iraq
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
this is what I got, I totally agree with you. It seems that it is not installed. What should I do next?

upload_2018-12-4_1-24-5.png

ES - George

PartnerNOC
Jun 12, 2011
UK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
If you'd like to install CSF, instructions can be found on the official website:

http://download.configserver.com/csf/install.txt

I'd also very much recommend having a look at the readme, as there's lots of good information in it:

https://download.configserver.com/csf/readme.txt

As a side-note: I see you're using a VPS. I'd recommend making sure your provider's out-of-band console access is working (if they offer it) so that you're able to access the server in the event CSF creates any problems for you (i.e. SSH or WHM access stops working).

Reactions: Infopro

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @oah

As suggested by @ES - George The plugin doesn't appear to be installed on the server. The installation instructions he provided are the recommended method to installing it as well.

Thanks!